Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
1. Terms of Service Agreement
Welcome to CarHelp.com, the website and online service of CarHelp, Inc. ("Company" "we," or "us"). This page explains the terms by which you may use our service. By accessing or using the CarHelp services, website and software provided through or in connection with the service ("Service"), you signify that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Terms of Service Agreement ("Agreement"), whether or not you are a registered user of our Service.
We reserve the right to amend this Agreement at any time and without notice. If we do this, we will post the amended Agreement on this page and indicate at the top of the page the date the Agreement was last revised. Your continued use of the Service after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future Terms of Service, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Service.
2. Use of Our Service
CarHelp provides a place for consumers to learn about automobiles, automotive repair and service, and connects you directly to automotive service providers.
CarHelp grants you permission to use the Service as set forth in this Agreement, provided that:
- you will not copy, distribute, or disclose any part of the Service in any medium;
- you will not alter or modify any part of the Service other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for its intended purpose; and
- you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
You do not have to register in order to visit CarHelp. To access certain features of the Service, though, including Virtual Garages, Vehicle Profiles, Customer Profiles, Service Scheduling, Service Record Tracking forums, etc,, you will need to register and create a "Member" account. Your account gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion.
You may use your Account Settings to control your Member Profile and how other Members communicate with you. By providing CarHelp your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You may opt out or change the frequency of many Service-related communications by going to your User Profile on CarHelp.com. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including changes to features of the Service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out by changing the preferences in your Account Settings. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," etc., that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the CarHelp servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes.
We may permanently or temporarily terminate, suspend, or otherwise refuse to permit your access to the Service without notice and liability, if, in CarHelp's sole determination, you violate any of the Agreement, including the following prohibited actions:
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- interfering with the proper working of the Service; or,
- bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service. Upon termination for any reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
You may not use our name nor any misspelling or typographical variation of CarHelp, whether alone or in conjunction with any other word or phrase, trademarks or service marks in any manner (including use in any metatags or any other "hidden text") without our prior written or e-mailed consent. Any violation of the forgoing will terminate the permission and license granted by us to access and make use of the CarHelp website.
3. User Content
Some areas of the Service may allow Users to post feedback, comments, questions, and other information ("User Content"). Your User Content may include facts, ratings, or other discrete pieces of information relating to your experiences with or opinions relating to your experience with CarHelp and Service Providers in the CarHelp network. You are solely responsible for your User Content that you upload, publish, display, link to or otherwise make available (hereinafter, "post") on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content.
You agree not to post User Content that:
- may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, or otherwise objectionable;
- contains any information or content that is illegal;
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current.
For the purposes of this Agreement, "Intellectual Property Rights" means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
CarHelp takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other Users or third parties post or send over the Service. You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Service, is solely your responsibility. CarHelp is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that CarHelp shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such User Content.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other CarHelp Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
4. License Grant
By posting any User Content on the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to CarHelp a royalty-free, sub licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed for use in connection with the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you further grant to CarHelp the right to use, reproduce, distribute, and license to others your Repair Data in any non-personally identifiable manner, in any manner of media whatsoever.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, personal license to use the Service. We reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the CarHelp Content (as defined below). We may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
5. Our Proprietary Rights
Except for your User Content, the Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, illustrations, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music, and User Content (the "CarHelp Content"), and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of CarHelp and its licensors. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from any materials or content accessible on the Service. Use of the CarHelp Content or materials on the Service for any purpose not expressly permitted by this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products ("Ideas"). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place CarHelp under any fiduciary or other obligation, that we are free to disclose the Ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the Ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, CarHelp does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to CarHelp, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
This Service is intended solely for Users who are thirteen (13) years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of this Agreement. CarHelp may terminate your account, delete any content or information that you have posted on the Service, and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Service (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Service) for any reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including without limitation if it believes that you are under 13. If you are under 18 years of age you may use the Service only if you either are an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
9. Additional Representations and Warranties
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant, in addition to the other representations and warranties in this Agreement, the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age you are either an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content to use such person's name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- Your User Content and CarHelp's use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights, privacy rights and rights of publicity.
10. Third-Party Websites, Advertisers or Services
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CarHelp and its subsidiaries, agents, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Service, including any data or work transmitted or received by you;
- your violation of any term of this Agreement, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above;
- your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights;
- your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country;
- any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that are submitted via your account; or
- any other party's access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
12. No Warranty
The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Use of the service is at your own risk. The service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, CarHelp, its subsidiaries, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the service will meet your requirements; that the service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is downloaded at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such download.
CarHelp does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the CarHelp service or any hyperlinked website or service, or featured in any banner or other advertising, and CarHelp will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
13. Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall CarHelp, its affiliates, directors, employees or its licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, that result from the use of, or inability to use, this service. Under no circumstances will CarHelp be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the service or your account or the information contained therein.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, CarHelp assumes no liability or responsibility for any
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our service;
- Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service;
- Any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through our service by any third party;
- Any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the service; and/or
- User content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party.
This limitation of liability section applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if CarHelp has been advised of the possibility of such damage. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
The Service is controlled and operated from its facilities in the United States. CarHelp makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with local law, including but not limited to export and import regulations. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the U.S.
14. Copyright Complaints
If you believe that your work has been copied by us or by any third party on the CarHelp website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide contact us with the details of such use to email@example.com or by mail at CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 960, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by CarHelp without restriction.
Governing Law. You agree that:
- the Service shall be deemed solely based in Oregon; and
- the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over CarHelp, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Oregon.
- Notification Procedures. CarHelp may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by CarHelp in our sole discretion. CarHelp reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement/Severability. This Agreement, together with any other legal notices and agreements published by CarHelp via the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and CarHelp concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and CarHelp's failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.