Your email address
While there is no obligation to register and create a user account with CarHelp, there are many reasons why you may decide to do so. To create an account, you will be asked for to input a valid email address and a password. You will retain the ability to change the email address that we store for you and can also request that we delete your email address (and your entire account) anytime by sending such request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a request to CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 560, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
To the extent that you do maintain an active email address in our system, we will use commercially recognized and reasonable care to maintain the security of that email address. We will not share, sell or otherwise make your email address available to any third party unless you request that we do so (described below). With a registered account on CarHelp, you will be able to request certain email notifications for various content related to your vehicle, your services, your schedule and/or your experience on CarHelp. You will always have the ability to change or delete any notification requests anytime.
Your Personally Identifiable Information
There are certain optional and voluntary services available on CarHelp that will require you to provide personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone number) in order to receive the benefit of those services. Some of the services that would require submission of personally identifiable information include, but are not limited to, your request for a price quote or proposal for goods and/or services from a local service provider, local automobile dealer, or from an automotive manufacturer. This personally identifiable information will be shared between us and those companies in order to deliver the information that you request. In some cases, in order to deliver those services, you personally identifiable information may also be disclosed to other entities who work with us or those companies to fulfill your request. While CarHelp.com cannot control, and is not responsible for, the manner in which any of such companies and other entities use such information, we will always use commercially reasonable means to ensure the security of your information and mandate that the use of such information be limited to your specific request for information.
In certain locations on CarHelp in which we obtain personally identifiable information from you, we may include "check boxes" for the purpose of soliciting your consent to receive special offers and/or other information from us and other entities selected by us. By leaving these check boxes "checked," you are choosing to receive commercial communications from us and/or those other entities. In that event, you will have the opportunity at any time to "opt-out" of receiving future commercial communications from us (on behalf of itself and/or such third parties) either by sending a request to us through at email@example.com or by mailing a request to CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 560, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
Access to Your Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you would like to delete any of your personally identifiable information, you may correct, update or delete it by either sending a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing a request to CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 560, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
Vehicle Information Pages
A feature included in your voluntary CarHelp account is the ability to establish and customize individual vehicle profiles in our virtual garages for any number of vehicles. Each of virtual vehicles that you create contains information you choose to include such as make, make, model, year built, mpg, etc. These virtual vehicles will only made available to your account. CarHelp will not publish any personally identifiable information on these profiles, and in fact, has no mechanism to do unless you decide to add such information at your sole discretion. When setting up your virtual vehicles in the virtual garage, you will be given the opportunity to decide how much information you would like to provide about these vehicles. Such choices can be modified by you at any time through your account settings, by sending a request to email@example.com or by mailing a request to CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 560, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, CarHelp does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on CarHelp. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Zip Code
We request your Zip Code in a number of locations on the CarHelp site. Providing us your Zip Code enables us to display to you various content and tools relevant to your specific location. We provide this information for Zip Codes that are within one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia, but not those in other U.S. territories or possessions or for the postal codes of Canada or other countries.
When you first provide your Zip Code to us in response to a direct request by us that you provide your Zip Code, we serve a "cookie" to you that includes your Zip Code. ("Cookies" are described below.) That cookie permits us to recognize your Zip Code when you use other applications, or upon your return to CarHelp without our having to ask you again for your Zip Code.
You have the opportunity to change your Zip Code at appropriate times during your visit to CarHelp if you want to get information for a different Zip Code. Changing your Zip Code in any part of the CarHelp site automatically updates your Zip Code cookie.
"Cookies" are small data files that many Web sites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie--a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters--contains information such as a user ID that a site may use to track the pages you've visited. However, the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Cookies served by us don't permit us to read data from your hard drive or to read cookie files created by other Web sites.
- First Visits: When you first visited the CarHelp, we served a cookie to you. This cookie resides permanently on your hard drive (unless you chose to delete it) and enables us to track visitor activity across our websites and allow a faster login.
- Features: Whenever you use certain features on the CarHelp site, we may serve a "session cookie" to you, which is a cookie that is only used by us during your use of that application. In addition, for some applications we may serve a cookie to you that has a longer expiration date. These cookies help us manage our delivery to you of feature information and related content. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser's directions.
- You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Lead Forms: In certain other features, you may be presented with a form that requests, among other items, your name and contact information. When this form is submitted by you the information you provide is stored on our computers, so that we have a record of what we have sent to our partners. We also serve a cookie to you telling us where that information is maintained, so that we can "pre-fill" your name and contact information for you when in the future you call up a similar form.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. CarHelp offers you the ability to send a page to an email address. This information is used only once to send the email; it is not retained.
We may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing advertisements and promotions.
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our service;
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP; and
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
How We Share Your Information
We will not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to others. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties or to service providers at your request solely for the purpose of providing services to you. We may store personal information in locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, we will not disclose personal information to any third party unless required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to
- conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities;
- to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and
- to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CarHelp, our users or others.
We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks CarHelp to show an advertisement to a certain audience and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach.
How We Protect Your Information
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from CarHelp, at all times. If you have any questions about security on our Website, please contact us at email@example.com or by mailing a request to CarHelp, LLC, 9600 SW Oak Street, Suite 560, Tigard, Oregon 97223.
Compromise of Personal Information
Occasionally, we conduct visitor surveys to better target our content to our audience or for the benefit of third parties with whom we do business. Accordingly, sometimes the aggregate survey results are shared with our advertisers and partners. We never share any survey information about specific response with any third party unless that individual consents.
Links to Other Web Sites
Changes to this Privacy Statement